Monday, August 11, 2008

I vanished!

Wow, has it been a busy couple of months. Wow.

To sum it up, I sold the house, went on TWO week long vacations, had to pack the house, and then finally move.

Yeah right. I'm not Wonder Woman after all. I am exhausted. I just got my internet hooked up at the apartment, so I finally feel connected. That, and the cable. Now I just need to replace my beloved TiVo. Stupid lightening.

The closing on the house was supposed to be before vacation to Oregon. I was going to be homeless while on vacation. That closing was put off, yet again. Went on vacation and I began to lose hope that the house would EVER be sold. I've been dealing with the same buyer since April - but since this has all been without real estate, I really can't complain.

A month later he was able to finalize his financing and wanted me out of the house within like two weeks. He was paranoid the bank would change their mind. Poor guy. HE'S been dealing with this since January! Well, since I already had another vacation planned, I agreed to have the closing quickly, but to put off him taking possesion until after I got back.

The movers/packers came last Wednesday and got most of it done. Whew, what a day. I had to go back two more times and then handed him the keys to the house on Friday.

All I can say is, I am now committed to getting more organized and condensing down everything I own. I'm glad I got a storage unit a few months ago, but I still need to go through whats in there. After I finish moving into the apartment and getting rid of more things, I will start on the storage unit. When it's cooler out, haha.

OK, that's it for now - gotta go find the coffee pot. Geez..................

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I was wondering where you were and how things were going in your life. Glad to hear that your house sold without too much difficulty.

Down-sizing is HARD work. I've picked at it for years, but I don't make much progress. Here's hoping that you are more successful.