Saturday, May 3, 2008

Star Struck

Ok, pretty much everyone knows my story about me having a twin -- Jaclyn Smith -- yes, from Charlie's Angels fame. During this past market, a coworker mis-took me for her, since I had just walked into the Jaclyn Smith Home showroom and was wearing similar clothes, had a similar hairstyle, same height, same shoe size. She said that at a quick glance, she thought it was Jaclyn Smith before realizing it was me. It quickly became the ongoing joke. Turns out, the next day I had to be her stand in to check teleprompter height, so the joke continued.


Well, yesterday while waiting for the train to Raleigh from High Point, I was talking to a few people at the station and then one woman said to me, "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Natalie Wood?"


Surprisingly, yes, someone HAD told me that a long time ago. I worked for a doctor a number of years ago, and he always said I reminded him of someone, but he couldn't put his finger on who. Well one day, finally, right in the middle of him being with a patient, he comes barrelling out to where I was and exclaimed, "BRENDA!!!! I just now FINALLY realized who you remind me of! You look like Natalie Wood!!!!"


What a riot. I didn't want to admit to him that I didn't really know what Natalie Wood actaully looked like, so I looked her up on the internet when I got home.


For those of you that also don't know what she looks like, here she is:



What do you think? Do you think I look like her?

No comments: